Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tis the Season... to Hunt!

It has been a while since I have updated the blog. When I finally had a few minutes a couple weeks after Gma, DD, Gosh and Bear left I was going to update it with all of Bear's birthday pictures. I got comfy and put the disk in my computer and to my surprise the disk was blank. This was after about 45 minutes of "burning" DD's pictures to the CD, apparently I need to spend more time figuring out how to burn pictures to CD.

Last weekend Monte went to hunting camp and came back empty handed. Tom and Walter both got their buck's though. Monte and Tom know a guy out here that lets us hunt his property, so he and Tom went out whenever they got a chance this week and saw lots of does, but no bucks. Yesterday afternoon Monte and I went out bc it was the only chance I was going to get to go this year. We got out there about 2:30 and were sitting at the edgne of field that was planted with winter whatever. We saw a couple of does here and there. Then we heard some shots off in the distance and about ten mintues later 7 does came barreling out into the field. We sat and watched them eat and mill around for about 20 minutes. I looked to the other side of the field up along a ridge and there was a pretty big deer. Monte had the binos, so I was using the range finder and with that I could tell it was a buck, but I couldn't tell if it was legal or not. It took a while for me to accuratley describe to Monte were it was but once he got on it with the binos, he confirmed it was legal. He took the shot and here are the pictures of the end result. Oh yeah, this is Monte's first white tail buck, he has always gotten mule deer.

Monte with his latest catch.

He wanted a picture with me since this is our first deer together, oh yeah, and because if it weren't for me he probably wouldn't have seen the buck!

Connie was feeling left out and she felt that it wouldn't be a proper post hunting picture without the beverage being represented!

No comments: